Saturday, November 10, 2007

UPDATE: HA! Phish phans show up to College Gameday

HILARIOUS UPDATE

It’s been football all day and it’ll be football all night following two straight evenings of live music. Friday night brought me to my first Phil & Friends show of the nine-night run at New York’s Nokia Theatre, an intensely enjoyable concert worth far less than the $70 face value of the ticket price. The venue on Saturday was Ace of Clubs for American Babies, still the best band you’ve never seen. Really, get into this shit.

But the quasi-musical highlight of the weekend came from ESPN’s College GameDay and everyone’s favorite Phish cesspool. I’ve often said the popular rock band Phish is the greatest inside joke in music history, but the inside jokes inside the joke are sometimes even better. And on Saturday we witnessed the first nationally televised Fluffhead sign in about two-and-a-half years. Ah, Internet geekdom — it’s fannnnntastic.



Too hilarious. I feel a reunion coming soon...

9 Comments:

Blogger Matt Barber said...

That is freakin' HIGHlarious.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you would do a post about how THE OHIO STATE punked Illinois today.......

8:07 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

I was too busy losing 15 pounds by throwing up 47 times today.

PS...Fuck you, Illinois. I hope your entire state dies.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could stand to lose a few anyway.....

8:34 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

You're right. Good thing for me that losing weight is easier than not looking inbred in the face (not a good thing for you).

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;O)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wenzel said...

Are you as excited as I am about the game on Saturday?

/dumb question

3:05 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

SO excited. Did you watch the rivalry special last night?

3:37 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wenzel said...

I caught the end of it by chance and I'm planning to watch the full version On Demand.

Don't you watch the games in the Bottom?

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home